Afghanistan has been plunged into utter chaos.
Conditions are rapidly changing on the ground, so it’s impossible to know what all the needs will be in the coming weeks. But decades of experience with situations like this have taught us to pray for the best and prepare for the worst.
OM is responding to this crisis by focussing on Afghan refugees who have been forced to flee the country.
Working in surrounding countries, we will provide short (4-6 month) immediate aid for refugees, followed by long term relief and development work.
Immediate aid for refugees:
- Family Food, Medical & Winter Packs
- Temporary Shelter
- Transport assistance with relocation
- Financial assistance with assimilating in a new country
Long term relief & development work:
- Establishing safe houses in surrounding countries, to accommodate high risk refugees under threat.
- Training partners in refugee care: disaster response training, basic debriefing techniques, child safety instructions and care.
Your generous tax deductible gift will help us provide this vital aid and relief as we respond to this urgent need.
If you already have an OM Account, please make sure you use the same email so that your gift is linked to the correct account.