Update on the Nepal Earthquake Appeal
UPDATE ON NEPAL EARTHQUAKE APPEAL
The initial emergency response will focus efforts on:
- Providing food to communities affected. (rice, lentils, oil, vegetables, cooking gas…) (500 people for 1.5 months)
- Basic First-Aid and the ongoing redressing of wounds (first aid supplies)
- Providing water and ways to make it safe to drink. (Plastic water tanks, water purifying tablets, employment of driver, purchase of water containers etc.)
- Providing essential 200 shelters for those without homes or sheltering in open areas due to aftershock risk. This includes the purchase of materials (bamboo, tarp, plastic, rope, mats…)
- Basic initial trauma counseling and prayer with victims.
The relief efforts will be implemented together with local church partners.