MediaWorks is looking for an on-site IT support person to ensure the smooth running of their print and digital media ministry’s infrastructure. As you support a creative team of graphic designers, software developers and eBook programmers, you are making it possible to produce Christian media in the heart-languages of the least reached around the world.
MediaWorks equips local ministries around the globe with relevant print and digital media that helps them share the gospel and strengthen believers in their communities.
We are looking for an on-site IT support person to ensure the smooth running of print and digital media ministry’s infrastructure. This includes the administration of their Linux servers, installing programmes and supporting the Windows clients. MediaWorks' IT environment consists of: Windows clients, Linux servers (both in the offices and in the cloud, i.e. web servers), NAS boxes, network switches and printers.
IT support person’s responsibilities:
• Monitoring Linux servers and NAS boxes in the office to ensure error-free operation
• Monitoring backup processes
• Running software updates on Linux servers and NAS boxes in the office
• Monitoring Linux web servers in the cloud
• Installing new hardware as needed
• Adding and removing users as needed, both for the Windows (Samba) domain and OpenVPN
• Adding, moving, and removing Office365 users
• Installing new Windows clients as needed
• Installing software updates on Windows clients
• Troubleshooting user problems and liaising with the OM Helpdesk
• Monitor and troubleshoot the Internet connections in the offices
IT support person’s knowledge, skills and experience:
• Experience in Windows and Linux System administration
• Familiar with using current PC hardware
• Willingness to problem solve and research solutions
Find out more about our ministry at https://om.org/mediaworks