Reporting to the Head of the IT Infra Team in this newly created role, you will be responsible for the management and maintenance of database systems (Microsoft SQL, Azure SQL, MySQL & PostgreSQL) across our entire estate.
You should be a highly organised, process-driven and structured DBA. You will be able to drive best practices through the deployments and work closely with both in-house and external development teams. Your primary role is to ensure the availability of database services delivered at data centers and office locations that are across multiple European countries including architecture, high availability and disaster recovery configurations.
The successful candidate will be able to resolve and troubleshoot complex issues that communicate resolutions to both technical and non-technical staff. You should be enthusiastic and seek innovation and opportunities for increased efficiencies. The role offers great opportunities for personal development and input into the processes which will govern our database & system development.
• Work with the team to design, maintain, document and implement solutions
• Maintaining and updating systems and toolsets to improve security, stability, and manageability
• Manage and configure database services spanning multiple sites and platforms
• Innovate and automate processes where possible
• Support the IT Department resilient and efficient database systems
• Assist in production issues with a deep understanding of how the application is utilizing SQL databases.
Key skills required
• Microsoft SQL Server (2012, 2016, Azure)
• Experience with PostgreSQL version 11+
• Experience with MySQL for CMS management
• Strong knowledge of optimized stored procedures, triggers and user-defined functions to increase performance
• Database Administration (Job Management, Maintenance, Monitoring, Reporting)
• Database Backup
• Database Security
• Excellent troubleshooting and fault-finding skills
• Documenting system components and procedures
This is a non-salaried position and will require raising financial support.